View Single Post
      11-06-2023, 10:42 AM   #1
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi S5 Sportback

call me an automatic skeptic...

After neglecting watches for over 70 years, I had an urge and bought a Heritor Ashford, an inexpensive but very legible and handsome sort of minimalist automatic. The damned thing ran at +25 seconds per day - within spec but outside of my criteria for a useful timepiece. Heritor were kind enough to send me a replacement and I'm quite happy with it.

To wit, it averages +1.63 seconds per day with a standard deviation of 3.89 seconds and it is hackable. So it is not only pretty accurate - although the standard deviation is twice that allowed for COSC - but it is short work to set it in the morning. 95% of the time it is within 3 seconds of the true time, mostly ahead.

But the problem is the originally purchased watch. I tried to get it regulated and it is now running a very consistent - 12 seconds. Pretty useless. And it wasn't easy to find someone to do it. I won't purchase another automatic watch unless it is COSC. The ubiquitous online assurances that you can always get it regulated just aren't true, at least here in southern Ontario with anything short of a premium brand.

Last edited by BimmerBoomer; 11-07-2023 at 07:09 AM..
Appreciate 0