View Single Post
      04-07-2022, 02:11 PM   #89
TupperBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by truekumar View Post
A quick question to you Vic. I’m loving your AR G80 and I’m currently in a Portimao Blue M340i and considering upgrading to one of two possible options: a fully loaded AR G80 M3 XDrive with all possible options (maybe the ultimate pack) OR a standard 992 Carerra 2 with just folding mirrors, Bose upgrade and sports exhausts (no sports chrono) in standard guards Red.

Which would you choose Vic? I’ve never had a Porsche before but I have had an M3 E46 and loved it but a Porsche 911 just seems a lot more special. I have two kids whom will also be in the car with me and the wife on the weekends on short journeys (30-45 mins). My kids are 10 and 7 years old. My kids are average height and not too short, I’m around 5ft 8 and my wife is just under 5ft.

Which would you go for as a weekend car?

The 992 would probably end up costing me around £96k whereas the M3 would probably cost me around £76k with a hefty discount that I am able to receive through the national healthcare employee scheme. Unfortunately no discount on the Porsche 😩

Decisions, decisions??
I will just chime in that you should not buy a 992 Porsche for your situation.

I am in a similar boat: I am a desi like you (I see your name!) and have a 10 and 12 year old. Yes, they are older than your kids but those rears seats SUCK for anyone, even kids. The Indian community will be all like "what is this guy doing?"

Luckily I have an M340i as my DD that I can lug the kids around with far more comfortably, and I use my 992 as my fun car.

But if you plan to daily and lug around kids, get the G80!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q
Appreciate 0