View Single Post
      08-18-2022, 08:10 AM   #22
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

GT3 non-RS cars absolutely depreciate. They’re like iPhones, the newest ones have people waiting around the block, the old ones are nice but old news and anyone who paid premiums when they were current ended up losing money. Purple 991.1 GT3RS was a $300k car in 2016.

458 is way better than any F430 variant, including the Scuderia. 9000RPM, much sharper controls, much better transmission (DCT vs SCT), lower overall running costs, much better performance. Peak Pininfarina design; so good, Ferrari has simply iterated on it for over a decade. Both gens will continue to appreciate, but 458 will reach higher heights and move faster. F430 6MT is overhyped, I liked the F1 car better, had more fun when it came down to it. Would take a Scud over an F430 6MT 10/10 times. Easy decision. Get the 458, it’s worth the extra. Swap the headers, cat pipes, and mufflers for Novitec/Fabspeed hardware and you’ll be surprised to find it one of the most thrilling street cars for the money. These are the real-deal burbles and pops that all these cheaper cars are trying to emulate (poorly). In a world with speed limits and law enforcement, I appreciate a car that’s just as fun at 45mph as it is at 145mph.

Non-GT 992s are nice, but not quite weekend car material IMO.

Aventador S and above with rear-wheel steering are actually good drivers. Never driven an SVJ, but friends whose opinions I trust say it’s a top-tier drive and worth the money.

A nice LP640 can also be an option, but maintenance costs are absolutely ridiculous. There’s no better crowd pleaser for the money, though.
Appreciate 2