Nate.G82
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBII G82 6MT

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [0.00]
G8x vs Porsche vs Italians

Hey y'all, I didn't really know what else to make the title but I don't see myself leaving the BMW family any time soon! I wanted to get some thoughts put together on my next car though. The M4 is staying as a daily, but I was thinking of picking up a weekend car some time in the near future. I'm stuck because I've always loved Porsche. From 987 Caymans to 922 GTS, I've had wonderful opportunities to extensively drive them all (never owned one though). I've never had experiences with Lambo's or Ferrari's yet outside of sitting in them.

I Love P cars, but for a weekender I have this desire for something exotic. So today, I wanted to open a discussion with y'all and collect your thoughts on the 992 GTS/TTS, Lambo Aventador S/V/J (any of those variations), and the Ferrari 812 SF or GTS.

I don't think I need to explain the P Car... we all know what they're about and how good they are at it.

The Aventador caught my interest because of the mid-engine v12 and of course the unorthodox doors. AWD on such a powerful car seems like a safe option as well. I've heard the single clutch in the SVJ is a bit rough for flavour but doesn't help with actual speed times. I'm also not the biggest fan of the design language. Yes, it looks good but it very much follows the VW design philosophy where more straight lines = nicer looking car. That's just my opinion, I feel it to be lazy and uninspirational.

The 812 is one of the most gorgeous cars I have ever seen. It looks like a paint brush stroke on a canvas and the design looks purposeful and tasteful. RWD on a front engine v12 sounds daunting to me, but nothing some care and extra performance driving lessons won't handle. The trunk space is actually quite usable as well from what I've seen, so that's a plus.

I almost forgot to add a detail, driving. How they drive is very important of course. I don't track anymore, well... for the time being, I'm more of a canyon carver. I enjoy taking the world at my pace on the road and hit some turns that puts a smile on my face. It gives me peace to drown out any troubles I have by focusing on the road and having engine noise fill the cabin. That is one of the qualities I would also like to be enlightened on regarding these exotics.

I'm open to other exotic suggestions that anyone has had experience with from Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Mclaren as well. At the end of the day I'm well aware that Porsche is the best for value compared to these exotics, but a huge part of me wants something dramatic to put next to the M4.

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to some great discussions!

Last edited by Nate.G82; 06-29-2022 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: I am bad at words
Appreciate 0