View Single Post
      12-09-2021, 09:42 PM   #37
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimM3 View Post
I find it really silly that people actually pay money to develop and are trying to change the front end of this generation M3.It's one of the characteristics of this car and either you like it or move on and buy something else.
People who bought one they did because they like how it looks from the factory.
Absolutely incorrect.

I bought a G80 M3 because it's the only car with a manual transmission, has 4 doors, has a luxurious interior with modern amenities like Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and sounds pretty good after a few exhaust mods. Note: I don't like V8's quite so much and prefer the howl of a 6 cylinder, hence why I didn't consider the Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing. I also don't like how that car looks at all inside and out.

I don't mind the front end at all as it has grown on me, but I wouldn't say that I like it. I like things like the wide hips, aggressive nature, the amazing community we have here, etc. but the front grille isn't something I lust after. It is certainly a distinguishing factor on the G8X and is all the controversy, but I absolutely did not look at it and go "yes I must have that". In fact, I ordered one, cancelled it, then ordered one again because there genuinely aren't any cars out there that can satisfy all my wants/needs. At first, I wouldn't have minded the grille if the car sounded decent, but it didn't at all in stock guise. Upon hearing a G80 M3 that sounds pretty good with catless DP's and a single midpipe, I ordered one as sound was the thing that was difficult to get over based on the initial videos/reviews and what not. I value the sound of a car quite a bit.

So yeah, definitely can't lump all of the G8X owners in one category with a statement like that.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 1