11-23-2021, 11:55 AM   #48
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
I work for one of the big companies (rhymes with M&M). Unfortunately, what beachBmmr says is true. Companies are trying to move forward with this approach. Is it possible/feasible? Doesn't matter. There is more stable revenue there, so that's the direction they're heading. I'm in my late 20's and am an outlier in my generation in regards to my enthusiasm and passion for automobiles (be they EV or ICE). The generation(s) after me could not care less. Many don't even have driver's license or care to get them. These are future "customers" that automakers will have to cater to. It is a bleak future, and I try not to think about it too much. I'm just glad that I was able to pick up one of my attainable dream cars this year and I plan to drive it until it's no longer feasible.
I'm the same age as you. Out generation and kids younger don't really seem to care about cars beyond the superficial level. People will follow accounts on IG or Tiktok but that's kinda it. These generations grew up with phones and tablets, so a car like Tesla which is an extension of that is what's desirable, not something like an M2 or Boxster. People look at you funny if you mention steering feel or handling.
Appreciate 2
Cos270608.50
540iSUP704.00