View Single Post
      02-19-2021, 08:30 PM   #75
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On Order: 2022 X3M, ZCP, Exec

I think there are different options because BMW recognizes people have different needs. I can see how if someone wanted to have the most tossable version, and did track days, RWD would likely be the best best. I gave the F80 a go and even in central Texas (it doesn't get THAT cold here... except for last week) I fought for traction at every light giving it partial throttle. To me, that was really annoying, because I want to maximize straight line speed and putting the power to the ground efficiently is critical. It is one of the main reasons I traded my F80 for an RS3. The AWD and tunability of the RS3 was worlds better for my needs, and yes, I fully know that the RS3 would get embarrassed on a circuit course. But it works well for me when I go to the quarter mile track.

I plan on either an X97 or G80... and in either case, it will 100% be all wheel drive. With the trajectory of how BMW has gotten torque hungry and the crazy power the engines produce now, I need AWD to have those awesome quick low speed pulls.