01-24-2021, 05:14 PM   #72
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
I don't understand the living in Florida comment to needing AWD? The car will have horrible traction just like all the F series do now. My car is full bolt and and traction is ass. Again, everyone will get what best suits them. If you are wanting a super fun street car, where you can floor it from a traffic light or a second gear roll race, then AWD is for you my man. If you ever plan to mod it or tune it in the future, that would also be something to think about. I have a biased opinion anymore. Going forward, I want AWD for all my vehicles. Unless the new Corvette Z06 or Zr1 blows my mind.
I think it depends on what you consider "fun". If traction off the line and putting the power down to get from one traffic light to the next is "fun", then you have a point.

But there's other things which I think RWD does better than AWD. Admittedly, I haven't driven the RWD M340i so I'm mostly talking of my experience with other RWD cars. But from my understanding RWD allows you to be a little more playful, kick the back out in corners, turn-in is a little sharper, etc. To me that's a bit more fun. My reason for going AWD is because of the added security it offers in the winters here. If I was in a warmer climate I'd probably find myself going with RWD as well.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
EXE462100.00