12-04-2020, 11:59 AM   #61
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
History is going to be very kind to the OG M2. They'll write sonnets, paint ceilings in churches, and make movies about men traveling cross country to find out why they keep hearing the burbles from a freshly-started N55 in their cornfield. People will romanticize the M2, Ray...people will most definitely romanticize the M2.
I agree. Best exhaust note of any BMW turbocharged engine by far and yet all I heard when I had my M2 was that it wasn't a proper M car because it didn't have an M engine. I feel bad for people that need the assurance of others to be happy with their cars as that would be a miserable way to live. I own and X3M and couldn't care less that Top Gear hates it or if other posters want to say it's not an M-vehicle. I like it and that's all that matters as I find it just as enjoyable as my other fake M car as it's extremely fast and handles better than most vehicles on the street while having a lot of daily utility that the M2 lacked. All of this "true to the brand" nonsense is for keyboard warriors that like to pretend they are track drivers that can actually drive these cars to their limits. I don't discount that there's a small handful here that can but it's much less than the keyboard warriors would have you believe.
Appreciate 2
TripleU170.00