12-27-2021, 09:49 PM   #62
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
They're lying.

They don't "lay off" salespeople since they are not salaried. Their shop is still working and so are the majority of their salaried employees. They're probably also not being truthful about how much federal Payroll Protection Plan money they took as "loans" with no intention of ever paying it back.

Go here to check by zip-code just how much money your local (not-so-small) businesses received from the PPP, and if they ever paid any of it back or if it was "forgiven".

Car dealerships and even churches got way more money than they deserved from a program designed to keep small restaurants and other small businesses from folding due to the pandemic. The abuse of the program really makes me angry. One of our local businesses that picks up dog poop was forgiven over $300,000 in loans and interest. Did dogs stop pooping? Were they unable to pick it up, for some reason? And banks who did the loans got paid 1% of the proceeds for generating the paperwork.

Wow! I just looked up where I live and I'm appalled by what I saw. I think my two companies were the only ones that didn't take any money, even though we lost 6 weeks of work. No one paid the loans back of course. Crazy thing was most of the ones that took money would have seen little to no loss. The businesses that would have needed it (and I know for a fact were hurting badly) took very little. Crazy world.
Appreciate 0