View Single Post
      06-29-2022, 12:10 PM   #8
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RothwellSF View Post
Im working with Faris, he's a really solid dude. Very good to hear. I ordered frozen dark grey so it is taking a little longer or we probably would have picked our cars up at the same time.

Are you doing PPF? If so where are you going for it?

Also, what was the benefit of BMW select?
I’m doing PPF on the front only at some point. If I had a frozen color, I’d probably be doing the entire car since it’s so hard to fix. But coming off of daily driving my f80 M3 for 3 + years with no PPF, it still looked great. I also plan to do ceramic coat myself.

BMW Select is basically a balloon. I was able to get my payment down this way to an acceptable level (for my wife’s approval). You own the car so there are no mileage or wear/tear restriction. The only term offered is 5 years and at the end of that I have a reasonable lump sum due that I can either choose to finance, pay outright, or trade the car in (at trade value which may or may not cover the balloon). So it’s sort of like a lease except you can’t just turn the car in and walk away. But my balloon is way less than the current residuals on a lease and I’m pretty sure the car will be worth more. Also, I plan to make extra payments along the way which will go towards reducing the balloon. It’s not perfect, but it works for me.
Appreciate 0