Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Whilst I'm not calling your statement idiotic, it is in fact idiotic to assume only cars produce CO². It's equally idiotic to assume only CO² is responsible for climate change, and even more idiotic to think EVs are the answer to everything.

EVs present another nail in the coffin and you'll be holding your head down in shame when you find your grandchildren in dismay come 30 or so years when most natural resources and rare-earth minerals used in producing EVs have been depleted to, and for, nothing because - let me say this slowly so it's easy to comprehend, EVs ARE A NET POLLUTER when you consider the damage they cause to the environment just to produce 1 single EV.

Finally, how does the electricity you charge EVs with get produced? Gas turbines, diesel or coal-fired power plants, or wind and solar? The first three blow any argument for EVs out of the water, because more gas/diesel/coal has to be burnt creating more CO² trying to produce electricity for those "emission-free" EVs.

We already know what a nightmare the wind turbines have become thanks to their short life cycle and, largely, not being recyclable. Solar energy, well maybe, but all your solar panels will be useless and have to change every ten or so years.

No, EVs are not the solution, they are part of the problem

and the problem is, going in head first without thinking about consequences.

We as a species keep making the same mistakes hoping for better results

Einstein called that insanity

Just like here, most of our power is water, but when we have higher use or a drought we fire up the coal to meet the need. This happens once a year for about 3-6 months depending on the year. So even in NZ which is a very Hydro heavy country, ultimately your tesla or some other virtue signal mobile is powered by coal.

And the funniest thing is that our stupid left wing government banned gas exploration here and basically shut down our own coal mines that were mining very good quality coal providing local jobs to change to dirty poor quality coal from Indonesia to then put on a big boat, then finally the coal is trucked to the power plants from the ports so that we could say we aren't mining our own coal.
Politics! Don't you just love it!?