View Single Post
      01-15-2022, 04:38 PM   #77
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
First handwash where I washed the car myself vs. detailer (interior and door jambs weren't cleaned yet). The side skirts like to act like a grit trap (from sand on roads during snow) and are difficult to clean where it becomes too narrow of your fingers to reach in. I think full body PPF (especially for the carbon fiber clear coat) is important.

Approaching a thousand miles. Raking up the miles to break-in since I have an appointment for other stuff that'd ideally include break-in.

Started occasionally let rpms cross 4500. This thing can be ballistic! Unrelenting acceleration that seems to have no drop at any speed that won't get you arrested on public roads. Maybe it can be better from 0 to 10 mph. I feel better thrust from my X5 45e very low down so I'm already betting the first hybrid M car will be superb - taking away any instant torque advantage from high-perf electric cars.
Attached Images