kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotflare View Post
Im so torn now on enzian or smb for my g80x.... smb is my favorite shade of blue in life, but enzian is more of a unique and rarer color.... augh lol

I just hate that there's toyotas out there with a similar shade of blue. I have yet to see how dynamic it is in person
The Toyota blue was something that crossed my mind too. But even the base color is indeed different in "neutral" lighting, and then it's dynamic based on hue and strength of sunlight. Under overcast skies with rain on the hood, the hood looks fluorescent blue to me. So much pop.

Even within the BMW individual selection, there are many blues that look the same in some conditions and then go off wildly in different shades and hues based on the environment. They for sure don't make it easy to know what your getting.

And after you get it, you may still not understand how that varies from the other shades you could have gotten unless you find somebody with that shade* in a current generation car and you hang out together over various weather conditions (these shades have revision numbers on them too - like I have the fifth revision to Enzian).

* this could just basically be impossible since how rare just getting individual is, combined with where you are, etc.