View Single Post
      01-04-2022, 09:56 AM   #5
retroviol3t
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Jahre - Techno Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjen View Post
Pricing for these services varies wildly by location. Assuming reputable shops, doing the PPF on the whole car will generally run north of $5k at the least and upwards of $7k in most markets I've witnessed. My shop did my entire G82 in Xpel Ultimate 8 (clear), Xpel XR Prime Nano-Ceramic tint, ceramic coating on the entire car over the PPF, wheels and calipers for $8k. Stealth would have been about $500 more. He also included enclosed transport from delivery at the dealer. Excellent value and excellent workmanship.

My previous car, (F-Type R) was done in Stealth, (none of the other stuff at the same time) for $7k (different shop). I've seen a lot of people go clear over frozen colors. Looks fine. FWIW, Xpel markets their stealth as specifically for going over factory matte/frozen paint...not sure about other brands. Always have the shop do a small piece of each choice on the car so you can see what it looks like. I used it on my F-Type over clear to make it satin, and clear on the trim/mirrors etc for contrast.

Good shops will walk you through their process. Everyone does it a little differently. The plotter cut templates aren't always exact and a good installer will often apply and hand cut pieces to make it perfect. They'll also remove some trim pieces, spoiler, emblems and roundels to make it perfect with no visible lines. And for fucks sake make sure they don't PPF over the cameras like happened to someone in here recently. My guy had me come out multiple times during the process to see the car and his techniques. He also sent dozens of photos during. Skilled installers, particularly the shop owners, want to show their customers their craft.

Yes, it's expensive, but on a $100k car it's worth it IMO. It protects the paint, doesn't swirl, it's easier to clean (especially with ceramic over the PPF) etc. Make sure they do the headlights too. Xpel saved my F-Type passenger side headlight from a piece of reclaimed asphalt that hit it on the highway. It went clear through the film and the headlight was fine. If the film wasn't there, I'm near certain it would have at least badly scratched it, if not worse. The laser lights on our cars are like $7500/pair, so $50-$75 worth of PPF is a no-brainer.
Yeah I am heavily considering a shop here that will do the entire car wrapped in XPEL Stealth (headlights included) plus ceramic coating on the entire car and XPEL nano window tint plus windshield protection.

$9500 plus tax.
Appreciate 0