10-21-2021, 03:11 PM   #55
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Do you think the controller would add much more on top of the existing stock valve control?
barryc365

I am not sure the valves are ever fully opened in the stock set-up . . . never been able to identify fully opened valve when unplugging actuator at full throttle. Further, the valves are only transiently open with stock set-up, even at full throttle. vetteflier, myself and others have confirmed.

As we have stated many times, valve mod does not offer increased decibels. It offers MAXIMAL decibels ALL the time. This will be PERCEIVED as increased decibels because you are going from intermittently to constantly being exposed to maximal decibels.

The valve mod (whether vetteflier method or VSC-2) is absolutely noticeable over stock and most appreciated with low-to-moderate throttle. When you get into the higher throttle range the mod becomes less appreciable over stock set-up. . . remains noticeable nonetheless.

So, to answer your question, the valve mod absolutely adds to the stock set-up. Nothing profound, but absolutely real/perceptible. You have little-to-nothing to lose by trying it yourself.

I predict that with your mid-pipe mod the valve mod will be EVEN MORE noticeable than with stock system . . . call it an educated hunch.

In terms of the mid-pipe and burbles . . . I had MPE placed on my F87C and thought is was good. What I did NOT like about MPE and most aftermarket exhaust mods is that they tend to accentuate the burps and burbles more than anything else . . . I am not a fan of the obnoxious burps and burbles.

Overall, I think the stock G80/82 exhaust tone is fabulous. The decibels are good and made just a little better by valve mod.

///AVM

Last edited by ///AVM; 10-21-2021 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 2
barryc3651947.00