barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMO91 View Post
. . . This does actually throw codes, it wont show a check engine light but when I used the code reader on JB4 it shows

which seem to be codes for the exhaust valves. . . I'm still waiting on my Valvetronic midpipe and I think paired with this controller it should be the best combo . . .
KevinMO91

Yes, for those who have not opened valves it is a subtle, yet, apparent difference. As stated previously, it does not offer increased decibels, just constant access to maximal decibels . . . which equates to perception of increased decibels.

I actually think the stock G80C acoustics are fantastic, both what emanates from under the hood and out the exhaust pipes. Not chasing louder BUT, if I were . . . I suspect the mid-pipe with VSC-2 would provide just about the perfect retention of stock tone with a bit more decibels.

The only exhaust mod I have not heard and I am interested to hear is the muffler delete, e.g., AWE Track exhaust if/when it is ever released.

///AVM
I have the Valvetronic midpipe and I bought the controller too but my guy said not to bother fitting it. It won't make a difference. Maybe it would have the valves fully open as opposed to partially open but I drive around in sport plus and it seems like the valves are pretty much open. Definitely a lot more burbles anyway now with the mid pipe.

Do you think the controller would add much more on top of the existing stock valve control?
Appreciate 0