Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
Now that you have driven the car for a while with AST springs, would you go with another manufacturer or go back to stock springs? Does the ride comfort get a little bouncy on rough roads to make you want to consider switching? I know a M cars suspension is a little tighter but I don't want to wish for my old suspension back because of daily driving, the jolt and jarring c0an get old after a while. At my age now I just want to enjoy the car based on how the engineers design it.
These AST springs definitely ride slightly firmer than stock in all modes. However, coming from a lowered M2, the ride still feels much better than that car did, even stock. I don't know if MSS or KW will be an improvement over AST, I think if you want to keep the OEM ride, you'll need to stay stock. However, for my use case, I am OK with the slightly stiffer ride as the ride height is now perfect to me.
Thanks for the response, I actually ordered them last night and will put in the corner of my garage with other stuff awaiting the RAM to clear in Baltimore port hole. If they are too uncomfortable, I can always switch back to oem.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
JTO245276.00