10-02-2020, 01:47 AM   #48
The English Guy
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: F80 MW M3 / Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
It's only attainable in a few countries around the world. In most of Europe, if you have an M3 you are a wealthy person.
Yes or you have a very good position with the salary that goes with it which allows you to buy or lease the vehicle, which is still very rare.

I was neither. I worked hard for a many number of years before I was comfortably able to buy my car.

This is very generally speaking but the average wage in France I would say is between 1,500 to 3,500 EUR a month in your pocket depending on your job. My wife is an English Teacher in High School and her salary for the last 3 months hasn't been anymore than 1300 EUR a month to put things into perspective

Housing rent or mortgage around the Paris area would take 1000 EUR away from you straight away. A quick google search shows that a 2 bedroom apartment 69 meters squared total surface in a suburb of Paris in one of the worst areas possible is 1007 EUR a month. That would leave my wife 297 euros a month for the rest - food, transport, fuel, insurance etc.

So you can see that leasing a BMW M3 at 1200 - 1500 EUR a month is only for a special few.

If you have a nice watch, Rolex / Bell & Ross etc, the first question here from someone is not Hey that's a nice watch you've got, it's Hey where did or how did you get that ?

There have been many times I am very uncomfortable driving the M3 due to the looks I receive.
Appreciate 0