View Single Post
      10-15-2020, 05:16 PM   #5
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
I'am really interested to see a review by Chris later on. He refers to the F80 as a near perfect car that could do with a 4WD. I wonder whether the G80 will be able to better the F80 experience. There are a couple of specifications that could trouble that, like weight and torque threshold. For the time being, I'am still expecting frankly that the F80 remains king. Time will tell.
For the first drive prototype 'reviews' they had the journalists drive f80s and the g80 manual back to back and they all concluded the g80 is a considerably better driving experience. Granted they may have only let people that they knew would give a favorable review in on the test drive so I'd take that with a grain of salt lol but that definitely shows some confidence on behalf of bmw in the fact that the new generation will outperform the old setting up the test drive that way. I think once people look beyond 0-60 times the F80 won't hang with the G80 and many of the people not making the jump to the new generation will be based on looks alone. Pretty interesting Harris likes the F80 I think most of the auto community saw it as a bit of a letdown
Appreciate 2
bwoodahl235.00
Ikester192124.00