View Single Post
      11-16-2022, 11:44 PM   #66
reNT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Agree but if the supply chain still sucks and it takes 6 months to get a car with a crazy interest rate...could be a win. People get some of the updates for a few grand and bmw gets the sale of parts/install. At some point folks may do a not worth 80k to upgrade but could easily justify 5k for tune, tranny, steering, suspension ,diff and awd tweaks with warranty.

Im expecting some exterior cosmetic to keep it fresh but they just updated the interior. I don't see them doing major refresh to the power train unless they have a emissions problem.

Ford does an aftermarket tune at the dealership...

Bmw if your listening
You do not want the dealer installing much of anything on your new car unless it's warranty type of work and you have no choice. I don't care if the dealer is M certified, the quality of work will never match that of the factory. It's a nice thought, but in practice, I personally would not want that. The issue is that the techs at dealerships I feel like do not take any pride in their work and are only there for a paycheck. They try to get the job done as fast as possible so that they can clock out on time or go on a lunch break. I've taken my car to an M certified service center for a simple oil change and had to wipe the engine cover afterwards because they had spilled some oil on the cover. It's not that they've accidentally spilled oil on the cover that bothers me, that wouldn't be a big deal, I've done it myself, but the fact that they didn't bother to wipe it off after the fact. It's this lack of attention to detail that tells me you wouldn't want these guys installing parts on new six figure cars. I know I am generalizing but I've experienced poor service at all dealerships I've ever been to. BMW, Mercedes, Mazda, Ford. They can't even wash the car properly. It's not the lack of skills that's an issue, but more of a cultural thing.

End rant.
Appreciate 2
Igor_M52143.00
MechX3M40i1006.00