View Single Post
      04-12-2021, 11:39 AM   #62
3RDSECTOR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i M-Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
Do you know what lap time a Camaro SS without the 1LE package does around the Nurburgring? I haven't found a time for that variant after a very quick search but that's what you should compare to an M3 or M4. That's the car that has similar suspension comfort and similar tires.

The ZL1 is on another planet with 650hp and the 1LE package ruins the car for street use to achieve the lap times. The Goodyear Supercar 3R tires that a ZL1 1LE uses are just barely street legal, take an eternity to warm up, and don't even last a single track day in the hands of a fast driver. I have two customers who wrecked their ZL1 1LEs on lap 1 of their track day because those tires are so sketchy before they heat up.

The ZL1 1LE is honestly one of my favorite cars to drive at any price point (I like it more than my previous E92 or F80 M3s) but it's insane to try to compare its laptime to a G80/G82.
Let's not forget the ZL1 without the 1LE package barely got beat buy a fully stripped out M4 that needs to be filled with water every few miles.
Appreciate 0