View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #9
JeremyDFW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

I just don't see how those are making the interpretation that BMW is abandoning their customer base with the G8x (and others for that matter) platform.

Companies, and their associated brands, measure the "lifetime value" of their customer base in addition to looking at new customer acquisition. It defiantly is a balancing act in specialized niche segments, such as the M Segment.

We've seen expansion of the product lines (X3M, X4M as an example), consistent focus on innovation (Apple integration, AWD coming for G8x, intelligent functions), and a commitment for emerging trends such as electric / battery powered performance models.

One thing to remember, brands will cycle in and out of "polarizing" offerings at time - such as the G8x with the aesthetic changes to the front, etc. - but the value to include negative feedback from "longtime loyalists" is extremely beneficial.

And say what you will about an up and coming generation that hasn't proven itself just yet, I was there 20+ years ago. I didn't get introduced to the brand until later in life, but in less than 8 years I've bought 4 vehicles from BMW, two of the M. With a 5th coming when the AWD G80 is released...

I'm pretty sure the BMW M brand knows EXACTLY what they are doing and the segment they are going after.

My .02...

Instagram - @its.bad.karma (inactive/parked)
Appreciate 10