View Single Post
      01-16-2022, 07:59 PM   #36
BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
No your post is just what I was looking for. I was not looking for mine is better than yours type thing just what you feel in the wheel.

Been reading about the vague numb steering charge against BMW even when they had hydraulics. Am looking for what that means as I find the car goes where I want it to go & think I am missing or not understanding something.

I had a chance in Raleigh to AutoX a G series M440 at a BMW event as part of its release marketing program. Thought it ran pretty good although it felt pretty big to me. Was a long tight course to keep the speeds down.

I like a medium to heavy weight in the wheel because my Cobra runs 275 NITTO NT-01's on the front with no power steering so its naturally to the heavy side when its in slower ranges especially on the street. I drive it as much as I can for the past 8 years so its something I am used to.

In SC with a M440 I believe I had a sense of what the front tires were doing, although some in my class did not. I found they gave a definite vibration in your hands through the steering wheel as they started to lose traction and slide to the outside into understeer. Was no I can feel a twig under the wheel thing but the warning was clearly there & you could use it to control the car.

Thanks for your comments

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT
Appreciate 0