05-17-2021, 10:49 AM   #12
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telly9987 View Post
Can someone explain to me why the calipers cannot be changed? Ive been working on cars and bikes for 10+ years and part for part should be completly interchangeable. Now, pad to rotor wear is a different story but stock caliper for stock caliper with a pad swap shouldn't be an issue at all and make almost zero sense why it couldnt be done... Obv there can be differences in brake systems from an M part to a stock part etc but same caliper for same caliper should be he same.

If a car is damaged and the front wheel needs to be replaced as well as caliper, your telling me that its impossible to do so? Really not understanding here....
the customer whos order did not match what they wanted was not a "can't" it was a "won't" probably for some very legitimate reasons i noted above.

Anyone wanting to strait up modify their brakes it would be no different than any other car, with perhaps the added complication of calibrating the two brake feel modes but that could just be pedal feedback an no actual effect on the brakes themselves
Appreciate 0