Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
It is a "game changer" if they control the movement of the subframes much better and has better power transfer between them.
It's no use to have a stiff subframe, if the subframe isn't as solidly attached to the chassis and can move more...

You are moving the goalposts as we go I see... You have made several posts about the chassis bracing on the F8x vs G8x.
Your view has been that the F8x is just as good, if not better in this regard.
When asked to compare the two generations where pictures shows that the G8x's bracing elements clearly are superior at connecting and anchoring the subframes you suddenly introduce a completely new argument about the subframes...
It is just you that decided it is a completely new argument. If the subframe has extension elements welded to it that attach to the body in white that the base car does not have, I consider this added bracing:
That is indeed a bracing element. I wasn't aware that it was welded to the subframe, but I was aware of that element.

Edit:
However if you feel that one little piece is just as good as the front AND rear shear plates as well as the full body width rear bracing on the G8x I just can't say anything more to you...
Appreciate 1