Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '24 G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA_Chris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt2440 View Post
You take PPF'ing your car very seriously. I'm assuming not washing the car helps the process somehow?
Yes just an exercise in patience not driving it until the PPF is done. Not washing was so that the unwrapping and first detail can be done by me instead of the dealership. Car was washed as soon as I got it back to the shop. Just didn't want the new paint to be scratched or marred as a result of improper washing from the dealership. Because of this precaution, the car only required a final polish to remove some light water etch marks from being stuck at the port awaiting audio module pre-delivery. The goal is to preserve as much clear coat as possible and then protect it with film. Also props to BMW for their improved paint process, far less orange peel and far better quality than my previous F80.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyfashn View Post
Congrats... I love Nardo. Your car looks amazing. I was on the fence between Nardo and Fashion. But I went with Fashion. I take delivery tomorrow.
Went through the same when I ordered the F80, was stuck between Nardo, Fashion, and Grigio Telesto. Decided on Nardo and then painted the E36 to match so I guess I'm committed now on Nardo #3! Congrats and looking forward to seeing Fashion on a G8X!
I did the same with my G22, and noticed a big improvement in the factory paint finish compared to the F32 we had

Car looks killer
Appreciate 0