View Single Post
      02-03-2021, 09:29 AM   #65
six75LT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Plenty of ragging on the new M3/4 at this point, so I see what you're saying. But I think his post was actually moreso calling out Dukec on his own BS. In my opinion, he is either in denial or these are some of the worst rehearsed copout interview answers I've ever read.

It's great that you're a BMW enthusiast who is excited about the new car, really! . But there are many other BMW enthusiasts/potential customers who aren't and are genuinely pissed off at what this guy did to one of BMW's flagship sports cars. I'm not loyal to BMW myself, but I would have gladly been in line for my second M3 if it didn't look like this.

Regarding your comment about buying something else - I suppose that's true, but many people including me wanted the new M3/4 to be their next car, and the design or something else is stopping them from doing that. I can see how a brand loyalist would be mad about it rather than someone like me who jumps around between brands.

At the end of the day though, Dukec will be getting heat until the sales numbers are in for the next few years. Then he will either be praised or be looking for a new job soon.
well said. the people on this forum who consistently express their dislike for the G8X are not trolls, we are just people who were literally begging for BMW to take our money. we thought the G8X was going to be a part of our garage long before it was revealed, after all it is an M and its the natural upgrade... then it was officially revealed and was nothing like what we had expected, and i'm not even talking about the design. this is like apple making the iphone 13 a pink star shape to please 16 year old girls. you think apple fanboys would just accept that? also, if BMW wants to gauge social media interest, then maybe start with the forum thats home to quite a few of your exisiting customers and not random instagram or YT comments from 17 year old racers who do car meets at taco bell on friday nights.
Appreciate 2
KoenG1428.50
Ilyam5894.50