Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBBF87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnotsomuchf80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBBF87 View Post
Cross shopping a 2017 R8 V10 that I found for a little over 120K. I understand the R8 will end up being roughly 30K more but it will likely depreciate less and cost me less over a year or two of ownership.

From a driving perspective is there any reason to choose the M3 over the R8?
OP are you willing to tune? Unless you have $35k for a VF-Engineering Supercharger for the R8 as well (which is a lot of reliable fun btw), a properly tuned AWD G80 M3 w downpipes, turbos, meth, E85 etc should obliterate a NA R8 V10. Also, much nicer interior and technology than a 2017 R8. Plus you can get two more doors.
Tuning yes, but Turbos and Meth is a little beyond my comfort zone. Admittedly I don't care all that much about straight line speed. That V10 is just calling my name
These cars sound and look amazing, no way around that. Some people find them more exciting to listen to and look at than actually drive, so make sure you give it an honest review once you've driven it.

The V10 calls everyone's name ... rented a~ '18 V10 convertible when Audi had a nice program in San Francisco back then. It sounded glorious and was quite comfortable. I probably have more fun driving my V8 Camaro SS1LE despite the massive price/prestige/quality difference.

Random things to consider:

Ground clearance, wanting to take passengers (You mustn't NEED to, but sometimes it's still nice throwing more people in your fun car), climbing in & out (comfort but also how far the doors swing open), additional attention (can be good or bad).

Good luck with your choice!
You bring up a lot of good points. I am now going to include a Vantage test drive. While they are not on the same level of performance nothing really matches the feeling of my E36 and E92 Race Car, so I guess I'm looking for something that is fun to drive, unique, and can be a DD if needed.
Appreciate 1