Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "kjx;28498199"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "M3anLantern;28498068"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "AndroidRobot;28421191"
Here's a better video

Edit: engine is in sport+ for this as well as the first video.

watching it at 0.25x speed the delay between the car registering the paddle inputs seems very, very negligible but there seems to be a long delay (in slow motion but still much much longer than the time to register the input and update the gear on the display) between when the gear indicator has updated to the next gear and the revs actually drop.

Not sure if that means anything and is just standard ZF8 shift times that look exaggerated in slow mo.

EDIT: once you notice what I said above, and re-watch in normal speed you can visibly see the gear indicator change to the next gear and then there's about a second before the revs drop. It does look a bit slow (in this context).

I don't know if I posted the same thing on the thread but your observation is correct. On my car, the actual gear shift finishes before the animation of the rev counter drops. I think it is a rev counter measurement and reporting delay, vs an actual delay. Something like how the speed updates only 5 times a second on M cars and twice a second for non-M cars.
The gear change itself with the rev drop is still not when you think it is. I can't hear the revs drip when I see it on the gauge cluster. I drove an X3 30i S-Drive loaner when I dropped the car with after meeting the BMW engineer 'Jim'. It shifted faster via the paddles than my M3 and that's a base model. The engineer acknowledged what I was talking about after a test drive but told me it's "normal". When I asked why non-M cars shift faster he had no answer. I told him the shifting speed via paddles can be quicker but it isn't for some reason. He eventually said something along the lines of agreeing. Ultimately they wouldn't do anything because there are no faults which is non-semse because this really bothers me. I love my car but this issue alone (not to mentioned the random KAFAS related ones they won't address) makes me want to sell the car. I have a Cayman GTS on order but it's about a year out sadly.

That's kinda crap but as you say, as long as no "faults" are present they're always going to wash their hands of any problem like this. I complained about a similar thing on my recent RS6 and they acknowledged the issue but said that's just how they are.

At least the market is such you'll get most of your money back probably when you get the Cayman (if all things stay as they are)!
That's true but some dealers lowballed me already offering $86-90K. My car has just over 5K miles and the sticker was $100K. In this market it will easily sell for above $100K, at least where I live
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1