Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Maybe yours doesn't have the delay mine does while shifting. In auto mode you don't notice but in sequentially mode (S3) or using the paddles it's very apparent
I use the paddles 90% of the time when i have my settings in m2 (which is pretty much my "go time" mode).

It shifts very very fast. Almost DCT like, at least on the upshifts. The response time from the paddle to what the trans does is very very fast.

I don't remember much of how it reacts in auto mode (D3). I'm going for a long drive tomorrow so i'll check it out tomorrow.
Mine has a delay where the revs climb then it shifts after hitting the paddle that's what I'd check for.
Did you reset the transmission adaptation?

AndroidRobot
I did but I'm not sure if it worked, no difference so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Install View Post
I found that the F82 was useless if you went on the gas quick at lights as the auto hold function would suddenly let go and the power just surged and lit the tyres up. My workaround if I wanted a quick getaway, I would take my foot off the brake prior to green light and hold the car with the handbrake, this way when i applied the throttle the auto hold had disengaged already and it was a much more linear transition. I guess that's not possible in the Gxx no handbrake? (still don't have my car yet)
I have AWD so that's not the issue it puts power down fine. The shifts are the problem with slight hesitation that you can notice.
ask the dealer to do a hard reset on the tranny when you take it in and and ensure the car has all the latest "software" updates for the modules.

Did you do?

Foot off brake
- Press start to turn on car (but not start)
- Press accelerator for about 45 seconds...all the to the floor
- Press start to turn off car
- Release accelerator
- Waited 3 minutes, then started normally and drove off

additionally this will sound stupid...but are you flat to the floor while accelerating down past the kick-down point?
Appreciate 0