12-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #155
doberzus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
.....or maybe it's not hate at all despite TESLA's accolades. Maybe it's just a sincere dislike for the looks of the car or a sincere dislike for the driving dynamics (...acceleration notwithstanding; we don't really buy BMW's for that reason anyway). Maybe it's a sincere lack of passion about the car. Maybe it's the lack of a manual transmission option in an EV. Maybe it's.......

....I think you get the gist of what I'm trying to convey.

I'm sure you're happy with your TESLA. Your elation is felt through your words. Obviously you are passionate about the car and it checks the boxes on your personal checklist. For others it doesn't have that same effect. If somebody gave me one I would commute in it, but there's no way in hell that I would give up my MT ICE ///M car for one. There's no way in hell that I would ever spend my hard earned money on one either. IF I had such a surplus of cash - think, lotto winner - that it didn't matter (...and I already had a Porsche GT3 in my garage along with an M), I might consider one.
So what didn't you like about the Performance Model 3 when you test drove it? How would you compare it to the F80? I'd love to hear your feedback.

I happen to own a car with the S58 (along with the M3P) and the lag kills it for me, the 8 speed auto is lacking precision and hits redline even though you already clicked the paddle up in manual mode. Looks of the new G80 are hit or miss so here's to hoping BMW fixes the lag.

RECENT PAST: 2016 F80 Austin Yellow (6MT) / 2017 F80 Atlantis Metallic (DCT-ZCP) / 2017 Challenger Hellcat 8A / 2017 Focus RS/ 2017 Shelby GT350 / 2018 Audi TTRS / 2018 Raptor Crew Cab / 2020 X3M Comp
Appreciate 0