United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80x M3C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khai Dow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by utsavized View Post
I suppose in the end, you’ll have to pick whichever is a better option financially (if that is a concern).

My RS5 was a sport back, which was my first 4 doors in a long while. I don’t know if I’m getting a bit older or something, but this time around, the convenience of the 4 doors was just too difficult for me to let go. So if it was between the M4 and the RS5, I’d personally consider the 4 doors as a plus point. But perhaps that is not an issue for you.

Finally, for me this generation M4 does not look very appealing. I find the rear very non-BMW-like, almost feels like a cross between the design language of a Hyandai and some other car. Looks a bit like a Mustang from the side. But that’s just my opinion.

But yeah, these are the only reasons I would think about an RS5 — affordability (in the case you mentioned), convenience (4 doors vs 2) and looks of the M4.

Outside of those reasons, M4 all day. The RS5 is simply too soft and cushy. But maybe that’s a good thing in some cases
Thanks - another's opinion is always helpful. I won't hijack the thread any further than to say that your prose is perfect and TR does look amazing thanks to the amazing photography.

Ive been told I can get frozen orange or frozen Portmanteau blue for no additional cost. But 8 months wait for delivery :-/ No cars of any type available for test drive, but there are some to sit in but with Covid as it is, I'm going to wait a few weeks.

Have a blast!
Hope you get one soon Dealers around here aren't very open to test drives either. Car's on high demand.