View Single Post
      07-18-2022, 05:34 PM   #221
T3F
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

Note to anyone with deposits at BMW of Alexandria: they don't appear to be fulfilling orders in the order in which deposits were taken in every case. I asked to see the order bank and saw that I was #1, but that 5 2023s before me already have allocations, and I asked the manager how it was possible that I've been told I'm #1 for 4-5 months now and still haven't gotten an allocation, yet there are 5 cars that have. After lots of roundabout arguing, he asked the salesperson who took the order for the most recent car to receive an allocation when his customer placed his deposit in order to prove to me that I wasn't skipped over, and the answer was February, which is 3 months after I placed mine! He then said he needed to "look into it" and would call me back. I got no call back, so I called him back, and after pushing, he finally admitted that they got two allocations recently but gave them to people who complained about the MSRP increase, letting them skip the line as an "apology" (or that was at least my understanding of it -- he was very unclear). This makes zero sense since I'm equally affected by it and have waited even longer, but he refused to reassign them to those at the top of the list like I asked and said he could cancel my order if I didn't want to put up with continuing to wait.

The manager did say they have an available 50 Jahre edition and offered it to me for $20k over sticker. I said that offer was insulting -- it's insane to screw someone over and not give them an allocation, then try to prey on that and rip them off to sell another car at a huge premium that I'd only need because they skipped me over for an allocation. When I reacted badly, he said that he only offered it to me because I called and that he didn't tell any of his "normal" clients like me about this before because he thought we'd react badly, which is very telling of how they view customer relationships.

My SA is actually great and incredibly nice -- the only reason I think I'm keeping my order is because I want him to get commission on my purchase -- but I couldn't be more dissatisfied with the horrible manager at Alexandria. For those in the area without orders yet, I remember both Passport and Charlottesville being very nice when I spoke to them back in the fall when starting this process, but I stupidly didn't get on their waitlists because I had a good initial experience at Alexandria and wanted to be loyal to them (I also sent $200k in business their way since, which makes me even more annoyed).
Appreciate 0