12-04-2020, 02:45 PM   #88
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Wait, what what is wrong with the GTS? Orange wheels are not for everyone, I understand that, but it was essentially an overly aggressive version of our base vehicles with what is still (5 years later) the coolest tail lights I've ever seen.

In my experience, the one thing that the GTS suffers from these days is the lack of LCI headlights which really date it.
If we're discussing aesthetics, the orange was an unpopular choice expecially next to gold calipers, the front splitter that wasn't as wide as the full bumper looks weird (less weird with the orange deleted), the wing is comically undersized and doesn't look very good.

When a 911 owner sees a GT3, they think "I really wish I could afford one or could have gotten on the list!" but when an F8x owner sees a GTS they pretty much just laugh at the owner.

Also, on the subject of tail lights - if you're making a track focused M4, the last thing you would do is to waste $8k of your budget on OLED tail lights. Maybe that's just me but there's clearly a reason the M4 GTS values dropped straight through the floor.

If they had built the exact same car mechanically but made it look un-controversially cool (like the E46 M3 CSL), I think they would be highly sought-after now because the M4 GTS is a pretty nice car to drive.
Appreciate 1