Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM3C '22 JKUR '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0J0 View Post
I car with no soul and not even a Kia level interior. The speed is just a gimmick to me. I would rather have a luxury Merc EQS and have money left over. Tesla is going to be playing catchup soon. Rivian is going to blow away Tesla in the pickup segment. The Germans will bring the luxury Tesla can't bring. The rest of the world manufactures are coming too.
They have been saying this for a long time but Tesla is still doing great. Tesla is more than just speed, the convenience of the softwares in the car is awesome, until the Germans can catch up in this area, just more leather inside the car isn't going to overtake Tesla.

With that said, I am still old school, I enjoy driving ICE cars more, but can't say the same for our next generation, my wife is already a convert (to Tesla) and my young daughter may never even get a chance to drive ICE cars.
Tesla is doing well and they have a serious fan boy base. i also have friends that have them. Their biggest complaint is the shoddy interior. It will be a lot more than just leather. We will see in 2-3 years when Tesla has real competition on the market. I think there is room for all as ICE will take the real hit in sales. The M3 and Emira are probably my last ICE cars.
Appreciate 0