06-14-2023, 02:49 PM   #43
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectluck View Post
The dealer should be held liable since they were the ones responsible for allowing this key to be made. It would then be on the dealer to figure out who within the dealership processed the paperwork etc to begin having it made.

You don’t necessarily need the details on the people, if the dealer some how “doesn’t figure it out” they will still be liable since they were the ones to somehow allow it in the first place.

You’d assume for security related things such as keys, it would require a two person sign off but given it’s an inside job they could’ve just as easily by passed said requirements.

Definitely keep us posted and stay on the dealer’s ass about it until you get some solid answers on who signed off on what.
When dealers do this, the name should be on whatever invoice made by bmw whenever a transaction like this was made. Because there has to be some sort of record for it.

Like oh Joe Schmo ordered a new key fob. Let’s look in the data base. Oh he ordered it June 1 2023, which one at bmw processed this? Oh it was Greg? Ok let’s go investigate this.

That’s how they would find out who at bmw is helping these thieves.

I would actually consider suing if I was the OP.
M3 boi3211.00