View Single Post
      10-28-2020, 12:05 PM   #460
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

I attended the viewing of a G80 M3 Comp. IOMG & Kyalami Orange interior at my local dealership yesterday, and I was both reassured, and encouraged to order an M4 Comp. asap. Is everything about these cars absolutely perfect in my opinion? No, but no car ever has been, and fes up folks, it's been the same for you as well. For me the good far outweighs the "less than optimum" features about this car, and I will take one please in IOMG with sport seats in individual Tartufo.

Now onto something of possible interest to the rest of you who are thinking of buying one of these cars. The under hood pictures we have seen so far have all shown the strut bracing in 3 black painted metal pieces instead of the snazzy CFRP of the F series M's. This for me has been one of the "less than optimum" features I referred to above, and probably is to more than a few of you too. Well, in speaking with the BMW rep accompanying the car, he told me that these were used on the pre production vehicles, but that they will be replaced with CFRP parts in the production vehicles.

This is the first I have heard of this, and who knows for sure if this guy's info is correct. Sure would be nice if it is though. So my question is, has anyone else heard of this, or can any "insiders" verify it?