View Single Post
      01-16-2019, 02:26 PM   #16
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

BMW should put an app in IDrive that let's you download different engine sounds. They could even have categories like classic luxury (Cadillac V16, Packard V12), classic sports car (Ferrari V12, etc.) American Muscle (427 Corvette, Shelby Cobra, etc.) They could also put speakers outside the car that you could route the phony sound to.

BMW could provide a switch that let you turn off the active sound and turn off the actual sound by using noise cancellation technology. This would be great for people who had neighbors who complain about the noise of the car and it allow us to sneak into the house without waking anyone on the occasions we stayed out too late. "I know you said you were going to sleep early last night. You must have been asleep when I got home. 4AM?. No dear I came home at 1:30, didn't you hear the car come into the driveway?"

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 2
IB M2765.50
Sedan_Clan24826.00