Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post
From ordering in mid-June to final delivery in December - my individual order finally made it home and man has it met all my expectations.

I fell in love with Yas Marina in the last generation and with so many other blues to choose from, it was difficult to pick but I decided to go with a Bold and Classy look with Voodoo Blue exterior and Tartufo interior.

Car is fully optioned out except for Carbon Ceramics and Carbon Buckets. I don't track enough to warrant ceramic brakes and at 6'2" 250, the bucket seats were out for me as this is my daily driver.

PCD was everything everyone here said it was and did not disappoint. The lead instructor Clint was amazing and being that I was solo, I took advantage of multiple runs and laps. Spent about 2 hours in Delivery and then headed straight over to Extreme Color Autospa for XPEL wrap before heading home back to NJ.

Compared to the F80, I thought I would miss the DCT but honestly I don't. The throttle is nice an linear and the AWD just eats up pavement. The F80 was a brutal monster that forced you to love it - the G80 is a refined beast that sucks you in at first drive. I felt like Jerry McGuire with "You had me at launch control"

Not everything is perfect though - with two issues:

First, the Harmon Kardon radio sucks. On the trip home, on a few occasions, I would lose all Bass from the speakers unless I totally shut the car off and let it out of standby mode for 15min. Listening to nothing but tweeters for 6 hours of a 12 hour ride was not fun.

Second the exhaust note is.. underwhelming to say the least. Now I'm not trying to recreate the sound fury my F80 with catless DPs and M-Performance exhaust made, but man the G80 OEM sound is undesirable to put it midly.

But overall this car is a very large improvement in all aspects as it related to the F80, for the exception of the grill which I'm still learning to love

Attachment 2766493
Attachment 2766494
Attachment 2766495
Attachment 2766496
Attachment 2766497
Attachment 2766498

Speaker upgrades.. the Alpha One speakers from Bimmertech just ROCK! Installed like 6 sets of them now across multiple cars, including a brand new X3. Night and day difference!

I also see Active Autowerke has new options for exhaust for the G8X as well. 8)

Congrats on the gorgeous car!
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 1
'Cane8535.50