03-29-2021, 07:53 AM   #117
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
RWD for me. I don't drive my fun cars in the rain enough to need AWD (and in the snow, never!), and I don't need the fastest 0 to 60 times for my car to feel special (stoplight hero I'm not). Of course if I do get caught in the rain, I know how to be careful.

I've driven my friend's F90, and even when you turn off the AWD, the steering still feels too numb and isolated, with that drive shaft still turning in the front. It's fast as hell, but rather boring to me. Too isolated, too big, and dare I say, almost too fast.

...which is why I never purchased the latest Audis, even though I love their interiors. The steering is just dead to me in an Audi, but they have awesome traction from a dig. The only Audi I would consider is that 1st Gen Audi R8, because that AWD system has negligent affect on its steering, and I like that design.
Pretty much says it all. I have a Jeep which I use for rain and of course, winter. I'm at the age where I could care less about the 0-60 times With all the improvements to traction and reviewers actually commenting how much improved that traction is, I just don't see the need. (If you could capably drive the F with summer tires on ice cold roads during the winter months, you'll be just fine with RWD in the G!). Anyone living in a winter state where this would be your DD in all weather, then AWD would have to be a serious consideration. Will I look at it again three years from now after we get everyone's reviews and thoughts, and of course after LCI and other changes? For sure!
Appreciate 0