View Single Post
      03-24-2024, 03:44 PM   #4
kingikra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
Take a look at the pads from the bottom of the caliper (part closest to center of brake disc where the lugs are) and you should be able to see how much pad you have left. But yeah, if you’re hard on the brakes, the pads will get eaten up. Always make it a habit to check all 4 corners like this as you can easily see how much pad you have left so you can decide if you wanna lay off the hard driving for a while if you don’t wanna keep going through pads.

More importantly, when you say “First Service” do you mean your first one AFTER your initial 1200mile one or just your first one ever since new period? Because you might have other things to worry about than pads if it’s the latter.
I see. Will check that tomorrow.

I mean first after the break in period service. I did my 1200 mile break in period even tighier than what is recomanded (first 1000 KMs hasn't passed the 4000 RPM mark and the second 1000 KMs up to 5000 RPMs) :-). Coming from a lot slower cars, it wasn't so bad. The car is still very fast even up to 4000 RPMs :-)

Thanks
Appreciate 0