View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 10:47 AM   #5
SCMTX
Private
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C, exesE92 M3, F82, F30

Further updates…

As someone clarified for me regarding SC3 vs AD09 and the SC3 looking more like a “street” tire, yes, I meant the tread pattern was more similar to a typical street tire vs. AD09 which is closer to a dedicated track tire.

I also thought since the Camaros were also 3900# range and the SC3’s were primarily designed for this weight, the tires probably had a decent chance of holding up on track.

Dry grip on the street transformed the car! Dry grip on the track was amazing! The first session was obviously the best and they were consistent for the most part through a 30min session 2.4mile track MSRH CW. Tires got up to an indicated 185-192ish range by the end of each session, they were hot. Ambients were about 80. Subsequent sessions, tires remained consistent and I kept hot pressures around 33-35. Car stayed pretty balanced except in two slower sections with concrete patches, car pushed.

My only other time with this car on track, Pirellis. I couldn’t get the power down and the rear wanted to break away at very inopportune times, very scary. I pretty much had to use MDM.

On the SC3s, after MDM limiting power, I turned everything off. No surprises, very easy to drive at the limit, no sudden anything. Very good feel (as much as can be had with this car), I at least knew what the car was going to do.

On the 1.5 hour drive home the tires weren’t too much louder than on the way to the track. My brakes are a different story, need to see what the heck is going on there.

I ran through 3 full tanks of fuel doing 30 minute sessions, I definitely didn’t take it easy on the tires. My last set of tires on my old f87 were 295/30r19 CR-S V2. They were amazing, but the fronts started to delaminate on the outer edge after the 4th track day.

Take my experiences and comments as one opinion…Based on my experiences… best DD street/track tire for me on my G80. SC3, 285/35r19 and 295/30r20. I’m not running those sizes, but I REALLY wish I was! I just took pics of the tires….definitely aren’t going to last long. Honestly, I’ve never liked Goodyear tires, maybe it’s a NASCAR thing? I was shocked at how good these are. The SC3R’s have to be a whole new level though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
m4ml1872.50