10-19-2021, 12:33 AM   #16
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Oh man i do hope they put even a bigger grill on this on just to pi** people off even more the meltdown so far has been fun to watch and read But jokes aside it will probably look alright but doesn't BMW design their cars like 5-8 years in advance so the current design is based on something that was drawn like 5-8 years ago when F series was new.

But this is good news if BMW can deliver on this one with what they announce here it could be really good. I Hope for lighter weight on the cars because at this point it is starting to get a bit way to much, they have the tech to build complete carbon fibre bodies so they should.

What i do hope for range is around 650-700 km but as a constant and that it wont deviate to much depending on the season outside i think that is one of the hardest thing to pull off just because of the nature of batteries and EVs but also pull off better Highway driving this is where EV lacks a lot today compared to their ICE counterparts they tend to have a ridiculous range drop off when it comes to highway driving.

For charging it is nice with faster charging but this is also highly depended on the infrastructure out there, because it ain't cheap putting out those big as chargers with 300 kw+ sense the electric companies have a tendency to take nice sums of fees for delivering this type of power to companies who puts out this type of chargers, so it doesn't get more expensive charging a car then it costs refuelling a regular one up.

At the moment it costs between 81 dollars to 104 dollars for a full fuel of tank in Sweden with the current prices depending on the tank size of your car. It would shame if EV costed that much to charge then a lot of people would loose interest in EV switching, if it ain't gonna be cheaper as proclaimed by today's standard.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0