Originally Posted by LBbluem2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Quote:
You're lost.
Have you had a chance to do a spirited test drive in the new car yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Quote:
You're lost.
Have you had a chance to do a spirited test drive in the new car yet?
That's a good question. Yes I drove it. The car is too big for my taste. The F80 was at the limit of size for me. The ZF transmission is smooth and lightning fast on upshifts as reported everywhere. However it does not feel special, it lacks character and does not feel like an event to drive. The worst attribute is that it is not engaging to interact with manually. This is especially true on downshifts which are not sharp like they are with DCT and worse they are a fraction slower. That fraction is noticeable and really detracts from the connectedness of the car. As a result the transmission is best left in auto mode all of the time. That is really boring and unfortunate for a performance car let alone an M3. The engine is excellent, the brakes as well (although I can't believe they went back to that ridiculous single piston setup at rear), the steering is good not great but their best iteration yet I'd say, and the chassis is superb. That's my review. The looks of the car are subjective but don't work for me.
All of us here appreciate your opinion. Please continue
Don't be hostile. Enjoy your purchase. You are the proud owner of an icon of design. 🐷
Who's being hostile?
Only him.
Appreciate 1