2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Tire diameter or rim diameter?
Whatever change is relevant to what was done to the G8X if you as I believe his comment was done with the G8X in mind. I'm hesitant to say one or the other due to the possible tolerances and implementation of the tires and wheels. I haven't measured them myself...statically or dynamically at different temperatures and load.

And again I don't need or even want to know that. If lemetier say that they staggered the wheels to increase the longitudinal contact patch that is clear as day to me as why and all I need to know.
The problem is one could run with that statement that a larger diameter means a larger contact patch and assume that it is diameter alone that increases the patch. This is not completely right because for the reasons we've already gone into great depth with. It's important because there are car enthusiasts that use this information to improve the handling capabilities of their cars on the track as a hobby. How tall of a sidewall to run, tire pressures, tire widths etc... these all work hand in hand to change how a car handles. We haven't even touched how rolling and tire diameter affects the suspension forces, rotational inertia of the wheels, or camber angles.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0