(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3anLantern View Post
Thanks for the input (just fyi Mike in my post was the Owner of Motech Performance here in the UK - just in case you were wondering if I've conjured up an imaginary conversation I had with you)!

What are your thoughts on the Full Remus catback? Is it droney at all at motorway speeds?
oh sorry, i thought you were talking about me

as long as you are keeping stock downpipes, it should not have a drone.

Please note full REMUS catback in Europe is different than in the US

The US one is quieter since it keeps the secondary cats
Haha I figured!

Ah, wasn't aware the US one retained secondary cats so maybe worthwhile for me to just get the system up to secondary cars, and not replace those to avoid droning at motorway speeds with valves closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
The full downpipes back system that shmee had installed was droning on the motorway in their video but they said it was not too bad, especially for the rear passengers. I personally don't mind the drone at all, gives the sense of being in a performance car. But of course, there are limits to how loud it should be. My mppsk 440i droned in sport with valves open and I always drove it that way.
Yeah I'm not sure what they meant by "not too bad" and without Shmee letting me ride in his, I'm not sure how I'll ever find out 😂

I actually had a 440i MPPSK with a 200cel downpipe and it was fine in comfort, no real drone at all. But obviously if you had it in sport, the drone was serious at motorway speeds. My C7 RS6 before this was also really loud but in comfort with valves closed, you couldn't tell it wasn't a diesel at motorway speeds.

That's the outcome I want - pretty damn loud (Even if not the loudest it can get) but no drone at 70-80mph with valves closed.
Appreciate 0