(Incoming) G80 M3Cx
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3anLantern View Post
Keep us posted mate. I'm looking to get a custom single mid pipe made here in the UK (rather than buying the Valvetronic from the US and getting the hose inlets welded in) but also want the Remus Axle-back to finish it off. At some point I will also change downpipes to go alongside some tuning so keen to hear how you find the single mid pipe + remus Axleback.

Good luck with getting a sleeve made to couple them both. Very very keen to know just how obnoxious your setup will be.
Cheers mate. Will do.

I made my first attempt to fit this axle back. In my view, I did not see any significant gaps between the midpipe and the Remus link pipes. Where I hit a snag was, those damn exhaust plastic hangers wouldn't come off. I didn't have the removal tool and I thought I didn't need one. But then I am not a muscular guy. Somehow got those four pesky things and then realised there were no springs for the actuators. By that point I gave up. I am fairly amateur when it comes to these installations but I still think this is a two man job.

Man that rear box is heavy. It needs a blood hoist to lift it up.

So in short, it was the actuator adapter or springs that proved the rate limiting step for me.

What I also noticed is that man those link pipes are a bitch to connect to the Remus rear box. Whichever angle I turned them, then just won't sit flush. I ignored this and clamped them anyway but they were moveable when fully connected and screws were tightened.

I think I should let a professional install this one.

I am 100% this will be horrendously loud but I need to hear it. It will be a tough decision for me to give up this or the midpipe.

You've had a lot of ups and downs with this G8x exhaust stuff but we appreciate your experience

Let us know how you get on but the fact you're thinking of dropping either one, is making me think I really shouldn't go full Remus catback…
Appreciate 0