01-22-2022, 12:12 PM   #229
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3anLantern View Post
Keep us posted mate. I'm looking to get a custom single mid pipe made here in the UK (rather than buying the Valvetronic from the US and getting the hose inlets welded in) but also want the Remus Axle-back to finish it off. At some point I will also change downpipes to go alongside some tuning so keen to hear how you find the single mid pipe + remus Axleback.

Good luck with getting a sleeve made to couple them both. Very very keen to know just how obnoxious your setup will be.
Cheers mate. Will do.

I made my first attempt to fit this axle back. In my view, I did not see any significant gaps between the midpipe and the Remus link pipes. Where I hit a snag was, those damn exhaust plastic hangers wouldn’t come off. I didn’t have the removal tool and I thought I didn’t need one. But then I am not a muscular guy. Somehow got those four pesky things and then realised there were no springs for the actuators. By that point I gave up. I am fairly amateur when it comes to these installations but I still think this is a two man job.

Man that rear box is heavy. It needs a blood hoist to lift it up.

So in short, it was the actuator adapter or springs that proved the rate limiting step for me.

What I also noticed is that man those link pipes are a bitch to connect to the Remus rear box. Whichever angle I turned them, then just won’t sit flush. I ignored this and clamped them anyway but they were moveable when fully connected and screws were tightened.

I think I should let a professional install this one.

I am 100% this will be horrendously loud but I need to hear it. It will be a tough decision for me to give up this or the midpipe.
Appreciate 0