View Single Post
      08-28-2021, 01:49 PM   #243
rmmiii
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 m3 competition

Garage List
I'm 6'2", 180. 800 miles in. Several 2.5 hour drives in. No track days yet, but that is why I got them. My f82 was a lot of fun on track but I got a bit tired of shoulder bruises from clamping down the shoulder belt or sliding around when I didn't clamp down the belt enough. There wasn't an aftermarket harness that worked with the stock Bmw sport seats that I could find. I didn't kill myself looking and I didn't want to modify the car, to be fair.

Back to the g80 with the carbon buckets

So far the hump in the middle is not noticeable. Getting in and out requires a bit of work. More so the out than the in. The lack of lumbar is a bit sad, but the seats hold you in quite well. Not an issue moving around a little while on longer drives. And, as a dad with kids that are about my height now, I can say the leg room in the back is more than enough even for me. Finally, others have commented on this, but you have a lot more flexibility on sitting lower in the car. That is nice on the road but will be really nice on the track. On the track in my last car I had about a half an inch between the top of my helmet and the roof liner. This car has a lot more "clearance".

So, if you don't plan on tracking your car, I might pass. If you do, I would seriously consider them. I will also say that my sa told me that the take rate on them is higher than Bmw planned and that is one reason why my car was several months late.

I will get on the track later in September and find out how they do on the track!
Appreciate 3
bmwdrive464.00
Jon H391.50
element561091.00